Since 1991, CIGREF has maintained a job profiles nomenclature describing the existing job profiles within the IS Departments of the major companies, member of CIGREF. This tool does not show Information Systems job profiles as they will be, but as they are today: their description represents the current reality, i.e. based on the existing frameworks in these companies.
CIGREF’s nomenclature now covers 50 IS job profiles, each presented in the form of a description including a title, a mission, the activities necessary to achieve the mission, a set of competencies implemented by these activities, performance indicators and deliverables, career path and growth trends and drivers.
In 2018, Cigref is publishing a major update to this tool. This development follows the publication of the “Collaborateur 2020” report published (in French) in 2016. This report observed that digital technology is changing the world, transforming business models and forcing management methods to change. Cigref has therefore turned its attention to new emerging job profiles and the roles and competencies they will need in future if they are to survive.
This work has revealed many new job profiles which can now be found in Cigref member companies. A series of meetings resulted in a consensus on modifying or specifying 19 job profiles in the nomenclature version 2018:
- Relating to data: Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Chief Data Officer, Data Privacy Officer
- Relating to agility: Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Product Owner
- Relating to security: SSI Auditor, Cybersecurity Expert, CISO (updated)
- And to supplier management: IT Buyer, Contract Manager (updated), Vendor Manager, Software Asset Manager
- Lastly, profiles related to corporate transformation: Chief Digital Officer, IS Department Marketing Manager, Green IT Manager and IS Project Manager Officer (PMO)
Naturally, these meetings also strongly impacted the format of the Nomenclature, whose structure has been revised, growing from 7 to 9 families; and the existing or new profiles have been repositioned accordingly.
- Steering, organization and management of changes to the Information System
- Project management
- Application life cycle
- Availability and maintenance in operational condition of infrastructures
- Support and assistance
- Operational management
- Supplier relationships
This document is the English version of “Nomenclature Cigref des métiers des systèmes d’information – Mise à jour 2018“